Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "dong.yajun" <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/22 04:36:22 UTC

How can I save the RDD result as Orcfile with spark1.3?

Hi list,

Is there a way to save the RDD result as Orcfile in spark1.3?  due to some
reasons we can't upgrade our spark version to 1.4 now.

--
*Ric Dong*

Re: How can I save the RDD result as Orcfile with spark1.3?

Posted by "dong.yajun" <do...@gmail.com>.
We plan to upgrade our spark cluster to 1.4, and I just have a test in
local mode  which reference here:
http://hortonworks.com/blog/bringing-orc-support-into-apache-spark/

but an exception caused when running the example, the stack trace as below:

*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: defaultVal*
    at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext$$anonfun$newTemporaryConfiguration$1.apply(HiveContext.scala:536)
    at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext$$anonfun$newTemporaryConfiguration$1.apply(HiveContext.scala:534)
    at
scala.collection.IndexedSeqOptimized$class.foreach(IndexedSeqOptimized.scala:33)
    at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayOps$ofRef.foreach(ArrayOps.scala:105)
    at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext$.newTemporaryConfiguration(HiveContext.scala:534)
    at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.executionHive$lzycompute(HiveContext.scala:165)
    at
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.executionHive(HiveContext.scala:161)
    at org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext.<init>(HiveContext.scala:168)
    *at com.newegg.ec.bigdata.ORCSpark$.main(ORCSpark.scala:24)*
    at com.newegg.ec.bigdata.ORCSpark.main(ORCSpark.scala)

the code of the 24th line was:  val sqlContext = new
org.apache.spark.sql.hive.HiveContext(sc)

I use the Spark core with 1.4.1 and Hive with 1.1.0-cdh5.4.0

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "dong.yajun" <do...@gmail.com>.
hi Ted,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.