Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by recai james <re...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 13:27:55 UTC

AJP-APR versus AJP-NIO and AJP-NIO2

Hello,
What is the biggest difference about these connectors? Which one performs
the best? Is anybody shed a light on this?
Thanks.
Rec.

Re: AJP-APR versus AJP-NIO and AJP-NIO2

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 7:18 PM Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> James,
>
> On 8/31/18 09:27, recai james wrote:
> > What is the biggest difference about these connectors? Which one
> > performs the best? Is anybody shed a light on this?
>
> Have a look at:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/http.html#Connector_Compa
> rison
>
> and
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/presentations.html
> (search for "connector selection")
>
> These mostly focus on HTTP rather than AJP, but the answers are pretty
> much the same. Keep in mind that AJP is usually expected to be a
> persistent connection between reverse-proxy and Tomcat, so things like
> keepalive-blocking, etc. are possibly less (or more!) important.
>
> My recommendation these days would be to use HTTP as your proxy
> protocol, and to use either NIO or NIO2.
>
> Rémy is giving a presentation next month in Montreal about "recent"
> features in Tomcat, and will be discussing NIO2 as a part of that
> presentation:
> (talk)
> https://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/7b1817f0af115fd
> b6
> <https://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/7b1817f0af115fdb6>
> (conf) https://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/schedule
>
> Also possible relevant is Rémy's talk on NIO2 specifically:
> https://apachecon.dukecon.org/acna/2018/#/scheduledEvent/c8e270be4e9cd15
> 05

Thanks for the ad ! I won't talk about AJP though, it's kinda not very new

Rémy

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.