Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/17 23:21:13 UTC

Error specifying a relative path while using PEAR installer

Hello,
I am receiving an error while specifying a relative path in
configurationParameterSettings as follows:
        <configurationParameterSettings>
            <nameValuePair>
                <name>ModelFile</name>
                <value>
                    <string>../../../models/EnglishSD.bin</string>
                </value>
            </nameValuePair>
        </configurationParameterSettings>

The error happens because the string value is read verbatim as the PEAR
installer fails to replace it by absolute path. Is there a way to use a
different tag such as <fileUrl> where you still can specify a relative path?

I would appreciate any assistance.
Best wishes,
Ahmed

Re: Fwd: Error specifying a relative path while using PEAR installer

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Ahmed Abdeen Hamed wrote:
> Thank you Marshall. That was very helpful. I replaced the absolute
> path with a variable as the reference manual instructed but I am
> getting this error below. I made sure no UIMA jars are in the lib
> directory:

It looks like the PEAR is finding UIMA framework Jars in a different
place than the non-PEAR version of things.
The general help here is to re-inspect things to see where UIMA Jars
might be found - they need to be found via only one class loader, and
cannot be found in any classpath specified to the UIMA ResourceManager.

For more specific help, we would need to see more details of your
classpath setup, and how you are using Resource Managers.

-Marshall

Posted by Ahmed Abdeen Hamed <ah...@gmail.com>.
[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.