Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Droshi <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/18 08:33:28 UTC

Item IDs errors

I have imported all my data from Excel by generating the XML tags for each
item and adding it through the import feature under Web Tools. Occasionally
I have the problem when adding new things to some lists through the normal
web interface (not via importing XML tags). The message explains that adding
something with that Item ID already exists, so I believe because I imported
many things through XML and did not put them in manually that some variables
of the last Item ID are not updated.

Is there a universal file these are stored in? I would ideally like to clean
up these numbers so that items can be added through the web interface as
normal rather than having to generate an XML tag to import.

Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Item IDs errors

Posted by Droshi <an...@gmail.com>.
Much thanks to both of you, my importing was one-time only, but if I have to
revert to a backup in the future I may clean up the numbers by using the
"ixxxxx" trick.

Thanks again.

Re: Item IDs errors

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.