Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by alee amin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 12:49:10 UTC

Default page for some path

Hi,

there is some path exist on my website say ..
http://localhost:8080/project/admin/ .. i wan that when user enter this url
a default page should open which is one th e following path ..
http://localhost:8080/project/admin/admin-menu.do .. what web.xml entry
should i have to make?

my all pages under admin folder are secured using TOMCAT BASIC
authentication, will adding a default page in that way will break the
security?

cheers,
-alee

--
Muhammad Ali
http://techboard.wordpress.com

Re: Default page for some path

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
alee amin wrote:
> Do you mean that giving a page in welcome page list will open the page on
> this path?

Yes. See the spec for more details.

Mark

Re: Default page for some path

Posted by alee amin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I don't want to put it on welcome page, since there is complete web browse
able. There are other pages as well and welcome page is configured for the
users. This path has not been given to users it is only MEMORIZED to admin.
What i want that when admin give this path it opens some default page.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
alee amin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is some path exist on my website say ..
> http://localhost:8080/project/admin/ .. i wan that when user enter this url
> a default page should open which is one th e following path ..
> http://localhost:8080/project/admin/admin-menu.do .. what web.xml entry
> should i have to make?

Look at welcome pages.