Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Youngho Cho <yo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/29 07:24:46 UTC

Create an App using new Commend-line Interface

Hello,

I am Youngho Cho lives in Seoul Korea.

I triing to create an test application using CLI command in 2.9.0 likes

$ cordova create HelloWorld com.example.hello "Hello World"

( In the Cordova Command-line Interface document,
  The last argument "Hello World" stands for the applicaiton's display text )

after build using

$ cordova build

for android and ios platform

I noitced that "Hello World" acts like a projectName which is
Command-Line Usage of older version.

Now I am a little confused that what application's display text mean.

( I expected this means that it is a application label name in Android
and is a bundle display name in iOS also. )

So what is an application's display text mean ?

Can I understand it as same as a ProjectName of the Command-Line usage ?

Thanks,

Youngho

Re: Create an App using new Commend-line Interface

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
The project name provided to the cli is just a project name.

If you want to tweak the LABEL of your app, you should be changing the
contents of the config.xml file under your www/ folder. For more
information check out the config.xml section of the README [1].

[1]
https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/tree/master2#your-blanket-configxml