Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "John C. Dale" <jc...@downinthedesert.com> on 2006/03/04 15:06:13 UTC

Question about Serialized User Principal Object...

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.28 on Linux (FC4) and Windows (2k).

I would like my users to avoid the login process to streamline access to
authentication-protected content.

All information in the session is serialized do disk when I bounce the
Tomcat process.  However, the Principal object is not.

I've overridden the Principal object and implemented Serializable, but still
no luck.  I've tried manually storing the principal object in session, but
Tomcat's handle to this is disposed of, and a new Principal init is required
on restart.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

Best,

JCD