Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Scott Rankin <Sc...@Peopleclick.com> on 2007/04/10 18:36:13 UTC

Branch resolution

Hello,

I'm trying out the new branch feature in 1.4, but I seem to be having a
problem.  We have a Framework project, and there are currently 2 lines of
development going on - trunk and 1.0.  I specify the branch name in
Framework's ivy.xml in the info section.

In my second project, we also have 2 lines of development - trunk and 1.0.
In each ivy.xml, I depend on the appropriate branch of the Framework
project.

However, the behavior that I'm seeing is that Ivy will resolve whichever
version of Framework is newest, irregardless of the branch.  So if I have a
1.0 build and a trunk build, it will take the latest build of either branch,
not of the branch I specified.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Branch resolution

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 4/10/07, Scott Rankin <Sc...@peopleclick.com> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

I'm trying out the new branch feature in 1.4, but I seem to be having a
> problem.  We have a Framework project, and there are currently 2 lines of
> development going on - trunk and 1.0.  I specify the branch name in
> Framework's ivy.xml in the info section.
>
> In my second project, we also have 2 lines of development - trunk and 1.0.
> In each ivy.xml, I depend on the appropriate branch of the Framework
> project.
>
> However, the behavior that I'm seeing is that Ivy will resolve whichever
> version of Framework is newest, irregardless of the branch.  So if I have
> 1.0 build and a trunk build, it will take the latest build of either
> branch,
> not of the branch I specified.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

We should add a tutorial for branching, you're not the first to complain
about that, and I think you have the same problem as others already had. The
question is: how are your resolvers set up? If you haven't a [branch] token
in your patterns, then Ivy won't filter the revisions by branch. If you do
have this token in your patterns, then could you give more details on your
ivyconf.xml, your ivy files, and the relevant part of your log (in verbose
or debug mode)?

- Xavier

Thanks,

> Scott