Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Pavan Lanka <pl...@apple.com.INVALID> on 2022/11/01 23:57:29 UTC

Re: Configuration of HiveMetastoreClient using Catalog Properties

Hi Ryan,

Wanted a follow up on this one.

Earlier I missed this contribution from Kyle.

https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commit/1b3dbb6f13110eb734488d32e93e0fa8d23e9385

This gives us sufficient options to even provide Hive overrides using the same approach, which makes this patch redundant or at a minimum not in line with this other contribution. I will send out a PR reverting this patch.

Sorry for the double work on this.

Thanks,
Pavan

Posted by Pavan Lanka <pl...@apple.com.INVALID>.
Sorry about the delay. I have raised the following PR to revert the change.

Regards,
Pavan

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@tabular.io>.

--