Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Ugo Gagliardelli <ug...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/06 09:35:59 UTC

SQ30020 trying to connect to a derby DB

I created a derby DB using sun Java DB bundled in JDK 1.6. The DB runs
as a server on my pc and is full functioning.
I started it specifying -p 1466, to get rid from ports conflicts on my
pc, and -h hostname, the host name of my pc as known on my local
network. Then I created a data-base via ij command line, created a table
too with a few rows. All's fine.
I enrolled this db using
ADDRDBDIRE RDB(DBNAME) RMTLOCNAME(hostname *IP) PORT(1466)
command on 2 different as400 (aka IBM iSeries or system i)
On a V5R4 as400 system from interactive SQL screen (STRSQL) when I try
to connect to derby db with:
CONNECT to DBNAME
I receive SQ30020 error with protocol error X'1254' with error code
x'99' and location code x'01'.
This message follows a CPF3E80, CPF9999 not monitored by QTSMGAFT and
CPF3E33.
On the db side, where I enabled both logging and trace, I see that an
income connection was acceped (Apache Derby Network Server connected to
database) a trace file was created for that connection.
If I try from a V5R1 system I still receive an SQ30020, with protocol
error X'124C' with error code X'0D' and location code x'01',  that
follows a CPF9163 only. In the connection log I still see that the
connection was accepted and a trace file was created too.
In the trace file I see:
        (2009.3.4 12:54:32) Request fill DRDAConnThread_3 5
        RECEIVE BUFFER: EXCSAT
(both ASCII and EBCDIC hex data follows)
and:
        (2009.3.4 12:54:33) Reply flush DRDAConnThread_3 5
        SEND BUFFER: EXCSATRD
(both ASCII and EBCDIC hex data follows)

Derby db is supposed to be DRDA compliant, doc says level 7 compliant
(but I don't know what it means), so it should work when accessed by
another DRDA compliant DB as as400 db.
Where am I wrong?

Re: SQ30020 trying to connect to a derby DB

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Ugo Gagliardelli wrote:
> I created a derby DB using sun Java DB bundled in JDK 1.6. The DB runs
> as a server on my pc and is full functioning.
> I started it specifying -p 1466, to get rid from ports conflicts on my
> pc, and -h hostname, the host name of my pc as known on my local
> network. Then I created a data-base via ij command line, created a
> table too with a few rows. All's fine.
> I enrolled this db using
> ADDRDBDIRE RDB(DBNAME) RMTLOCNAME(hostname *IP) PORT(1466)
> command on 2 different as400 (aka IBM iSeries or system i)
> On a V5R4 as400 system from interactive SQL screen (STRSQL) when I try
> to connect to derby db with:
> CONNECT to DBNAME
> I receive SQ30020 error with protocol error X'1254' with error code
> x'99' and location code x'01'.
> This message follows a CPF3E80, CPF9999 not monitored by QTSMGAFT and
> CPF3E33.
> On the db side, where I enabled both logging and trace, I see that an
> income connection was acceped (Apache Derby Network Server connected
> to database) a trace file was created for that connection.
> If I try from a V5R1 system I still receive an SQ30020, with protocol
> error X'124C' with error code X'0D' and location code x'01',  that
> follows a CPF9163 only. In the connection log I still see that the
> connection was accepted and a trace file was created too.
> In the trace file I see:
>        (2009.3.4 12:54:32) Request fill DRDAConnThread_3 5
>        RECEIVE BUFFER: EXCSAT
> (both ASCII and EBCDIC hex data follows)
> and:
>        (2009.3.4 12:54:33) Reply flush DRDAConnThread_3 5
>        SEND BUFFER: EXCSATRD
> (both ASCII and EBCDIC hex data follows)
>
> Derby db is supposed to be DRDA compliant, doc says level 7 compliant
> (but I don't know what it means), so it should work when accessed by
> another DRDA compliant DB as as400 db.
> Where am I wrong?

You can copy derbyclient.jar to your AS400 machine and connect from
there with the derby client driver.  I don't think there has been any
effort to get  the AS400 STRSQL client to work with Derby and wouldn't
expect it to work.

Kathey