Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Skladov, Victor" <Sk...@his.de> on 2002/01/25 10:03:30 UTC

FO: If Table Is Too Wide?

Dear Friends!

Can anybody tell me, what do I have to do so that my wide tables (that
contain ,for example, 20-30 columns) are being correctly shown?
They are being simply cut on the right side at the moment...
When a table is too long, it will be automatically continued on the next
page, but when it is too wide?????

Thanks for any ideas!
Regards,
Viktor

Re: FO: If Table Is Too Wide?

Posted by Anil Pinto <an...@yahoo.com>.
Victor,

The pdf (assuming that it is the final output)
document, do you need to print or just view it through
the reader ?

If it only for view purposes you could perhaps try
increasing the page width (in <fo:simple-page-master>)
to match your requirement. But the width must be
reasonable so that it is not too tedious to scroll and
view :-) An example is

<fo:simple-page-master master-name="all-pages"
page-width="11in" page-height="8in" .... >
: :

</fo:simple-page-master>

Or the other option I guess is to structure your table
suitably so as not to have too many columns.

Hope something works out for you.

Anil.

http://auctions.yahoo.com