Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com> on 2004/09/13 08:26:35 UTC

how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?

The M2 binary contains the default jetty port in
config-store/4/META-INF/config.ser and AFAIK hand editing serialized
files is not advisable. Is there an easy way to change the default port?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\\@4VYY9&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo

Re: how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com>.
David Jencks wrote:

> You could deploy another jetty connector gbean on the port you want to
> use, but I don't know of an easy way to get rid of the one on port 8080
> or change it's port.

As a convenience to users, shouldn't we make this available via optional
  system properties?

Bruce

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>
>> You could deploy another jetty connector gbean on the port you want
>> to  use, but I don't know of an easy way to get rid of the one on port
>> 8080  or change it's port.
>

> $ grep -cl 8080 modules/assembly/src/plan/*-plan.xml
> modules/assembly/src/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml
>
> Once you changed it, do the build again. Provided it's already been
> done, just 'cd modules/assembly' and type 'maven'. It will build
> Geronimo again with Jetty listening to the 8080 port.

Sorry, I meant to write: "...listening to your chosen port".

Jacek

Re: how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com>.
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>
>> You could deploy another jetty connector gbean on the port you want
>> to  use, but I don't know of an easy way to get rid of the one on port
>> 8080  or change it's port.
>

> $ grep -cl 8080 modules/assembly/src/plan/*-plan.xml
> modules/assembly/src/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml
>
> Once you changed it, do the build again. Provided it's already been
> done, just 'cd modules/assembly' and type 'maven'. It will build
> Geronimo again with Jetty listening to the 8080 port.

I know how to do this in the source code just fine. I was referring to
the *M2 binary download*. The port number is buried in the confer-ser
file. I'm suggesting that maybe we should provide the ability for the
user to easily change the port number via a system property.

Bruce

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
David Jencks wrote:

> You could deploy another jetty connector gbean on the port you want to
> use, but I don't know of an easy way to get rid of the one on port 8080
> or change it's port.

$ grep -cl 8080 modules/assembly/src/plan/*-plan.xml
modules/assembly/src/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml

Once you changed it, do the build again. Provided it's already been
done, just 'cd modules/assembly' and type 'maven'. It will build
Geronimo again with Jetty listening to the 8080 port.

I think I need to add it to Wiki. But where?

> david jencks

Jacek

Re: how to change the default jetty port in the M2 download?

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.