Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Isha Shah <is...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/21 16:33:02 UTC

Shindig-PHP issue

Hi Shindig team,

*You guys are really doing gr8.*

Running shindi with java doesnt cause that much trouble but with PHP it
seems its not stable.

As per the latest doc you people updated in
http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/#tab-building for php, I followed all
the instructions
as mentioned out in doc for php .

With that i came across two minor path configuration bugs which I need to
set :

1) If shinding code is checked out in www/html/shinding path, then if not
using virtual host, we need to edit the file php/config.php and change the
web_prefix setting to 'html/shindig/php' and not as '/shinding/php' as
mentioned in above doc.

2) Again if shinding code is in www/html/shinding/ path , then for running
javascript/samplecontainer/samplecontainer.html , value of socialDataPath
should be as below

var socialDataPath = document.location.protocol + "//" +
document.location.host  + "/html/shindig/php/social/data";

*Now my question is I am able to run simple gadgets and javascript example
but am not able to run opensocial gadgets. *
*It displays "opensocial.Container.get() has no properties" as well as "conf
has no properties".*
*Kindly help me in resolving this bugs.*
*Also I would request you people to provide any detailed document if
available for php.*
**
Waiting for your earnest reply.

Thanks  & Regards,
Isha Shah

Re: Shindig-PHP issue

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl>.
Hey Isha,

I think that next to changing the web_prefix in the config.php and
sample files, you probably also need to change the shindig/config/
container.js file and change the "path" : "/social/data", part in
there too. (and do a rm -rf /tmp/shindig after making this change for
it to take)

documentation is still a bit lacking on pretty much all (javascript,
java and php) sides so as it stands it takes a bit of exploring and
playing to make thing work when your going outside of the default
settings.

In most situations you -will- want to have a vhost, simply by the fact
that the container (the site) and shindig should be running on
different domains, else you have no cross-domain policy protecting
your site (and other gadgets) from malicious gadgets...