Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Marc Carter <MC...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/09/06 11:01:36 UTC

[configuration] Configurations as Maps

(How) is it possible to put a Collections interface over the Configuration
objects?  I was planning on porting an application away from
java.util.Properties by changing all of the fields to reference Map
instead.  It had been assumed that commons-config's collections of
properties would implement a Collections model ... at least for the
simpler classses.

Marc

Re: [configuration] Configurations as Maps

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Marc Carter wrote:
> (How) is it possible to put a Collections interface over the Configuration
> objects?  I was planning on porting an application away from
> java.util.Properties by changing all of the fields to reference Map
> instead.  It had been assumed that commons-config's collections of
> properties would implement a Collections model ... at least for the
> simpler classses.
>
> Marc

There is the ConfigurationMap class in the top level package, which
wraps a Configuration and implements the Map interface. Is this what you
want? However I have not used this class myself so far.

Oliver