Posted to commits@lucene.apache.org by "Robert Muir (Confluence)" <co...@apache.org> on 2013/08/21 18:26:00 UTC

[CONF] Apache Solr Reference Guide > DocValues

Space: Apache Solr Reference Guide (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr)
Page: DocValues (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/DocValues)
Comment: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/DocValues?focusedCommentId=34016074#comment-34016074

Comment added by Robert Muir:

I don't think i setup my permissions right to edit the page, but i dont know how to best word all this anyway for the recent changes:

For the manu_exact example the default="" can be removed (this is already done in example/schema.xml)

The paragraph "It's important that the fields be populated" can be removed.

Also the paragraph "The default implementation loads everything into memory" can be changed (I dont know how best to word this: the default impl loads some things into memory, other things it keeps on disk): If you want extremes: everything on disk, use docValuesFormat="Disk" ; everything in memory, use docValuesFormat="Memory"

Stop watching space: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/removespacenotification.action?spaceKey=solr
Change email notification preferences: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/editmyemailsettings.action