Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Haiting Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/02 07:08:13 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Code freeze for Pulsar 2.12

> Following PIP-175, we have to provide the first LTS release which will be 3.0.

Actuall as discussed in [1], the first LTS release is 2.10 for being
the last Java 8 release.
The major version 3.0 bump would simply signal the type of the release.

I think we should make a VOTE on PIP-175 officially.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/4pj3f9zjb6hm1cnvvnqzm1v2cl588wxp

Thanks,
Haiting

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno gio 2 feb 2023 alle ore 08:08 Haiting Jiang
<ji...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> > Following PIP-175, we have to provide the first LTS release which will be 3.0.
>
> Actuall as discussed in [1], the first LTS release is 2.10 for being
> the last Java 8 release.
> The major version 3.0 bump would simply signal the type of the release.
>
> I think we should make a VOTE on PIP-175 officially.

I agree
Enrico