Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/10 20:43:11 UTC

Kafka API docs

Hi,

The API description at http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#api is
rather thin -- when you are used to the API docs of other apache projects
like hadoop , cassandra , tomcat etc etc.

Is there a comprehensive API description somewhere (like javadocs) ?

Besides looking at the source code, what are users doing to get a handle on
the full feature set of the Kafka API ?

regards
--
http://khangaonkar.blogspot.com/

Re: Kafka API docs

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the feedback. We agree that javadocs are a must. As Jun
mentioned, we are working on adding extensive javadocs to our new clients.
The new producer javadoc, once released in 0.8.2, will look like
http://empathybox.com/kafka-javadoc/
The new consumer javadoc, once released in 0.9, will look like
http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/kafka-0.9-consumer-javadoc/doc/

Hope that is useful!

Thanks,
Neha