Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by AC <ad...@vault.com> on 2006/05/31 19:47:49 UTC

JSP Compilation Errors - Tomcat 5.5.17

Hi,

I'm working on setting up a couple of new webservers -- Fedora with Apache
2.2.2, jdk 1.5.0_06 and tomcat 5.5.17.  I successfully got everything
working on the first, and then tar'd up the entire setup (all 3 apps are
on a dedicated filesystem) and copied it over to the second machine.  When
I untar'd it and it started up, it's unable to compile any jsp
pages...gives the

Generated servlet error:
The method handlePageException(Exception) in the type PageContext is not
applicable for the arguments (Throwable)

error.

I've tried reinstalling the O/S to no avail, as well as the
apache/java/tomcat, but it just doesn't seem to want to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: JSP Compilation Errors - Tomcat 5.5.17

Posted by Mladen Adamovic <ad...@blic.net>.
AC wrote:
> I'm working on setting up a couple of new webservers -- Fedora with Apache
> 2.2.2, jdk 1.5.0_06 and tomcat 5.5.17.  I successfully got everything
> working on the first, and then tar'd up the entire setup (all 3 apps are
> on a dedicated filesystem) and copied it over to the second machine.  When
> I untar'd it and it started up, it's unable to compile any jsp
> pages...gives the

If all servers have the same hard disc try to use dd instead of tar.
If you want to use tar you should check options for symlinks and things
like that. man tar.
Consider to use rsync to set up your servers. Google "rsync backup linux
server"

Anyway, you can tar tomcat directory and untar it on the other machine
and it should work, but the same is not the case for Java AFAIK. I don't
know for Apache.

--
Mladen Adamovic
http://home.blic.net/adamm  http://www.shortopedia.com