Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Grandy Fu <cs...@comp.polyu.edu.hk> on 2005/11/29 04:08:43 UTC

[users@httpd] apache2, mod_jk, tomcat with .htaccess

Hi all,
I had successfully setup apache2, mod_jk and tomcat, so that all jsp,
and servlet can be processed successfully by tomcat through apache2 and
mod_jk.

The problem is that I would like to control access of using .htaccess
file. There is no problem when visiting static pages like . html,
.jpeg... but when accessing .jsp, apache2 simply pass .jsp and servlet
to tomcat without any authentication even though I already setup
tomcatAuthenticaion="false" in server.xml of tomcat.

I had tried different version of apache2 (latest included), different
version of mod_jk (and now using 1.2.15) and different version of tomcat
(version 4, 5.0 and 5.5), none of them using apache2's authentication
when accessing jsp and servlet.
I also tried to everything in .htaccess to httpd.conf but the result was
the same.

So I tried to use apache 1.3, and bingo, everything works, apache will
ask for user authentication even without tomcat running.

Now, my question is, is the behavior of apache2 and apache1 different
when using .htaccess?
Moreover, I have to use apache2 for its modules and speed, is there
anyway to setup apache2 to treat .htaccess same as apache1.3?

Grandy