Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2017/01/12 13:31:54 UTC

Jackrabbit releases (will they ever end?)

Hi there,

with the branching of 2.14 and the releases of 2.14.0 (stable) and
2.15.0 (unstable), the release management work on the current branches
is finished for now.

We currently have way too many branches, and I'm looking forward to EOL
at least 2.4 this spring.

Of the currently maintained branches:

- 2.15.x is the latest-and-greatest (unstable)

- 2.14.x is the latest stable release for Java 7

- 2.12.x is the latest stable release for Java 6

Anybody using earlier branches really should upgrade to one of these.

That said, we still need releases of 2.4, 2.6, 2.8 and 2.10 before May
-- for the reasons described in
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201611.mbox/%3C0CE2E8C9-D9B7-404D-93EF-A1F8B07189BF%40apache.org%3E>.
See also <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4068>.

For that reason, I'll continue with the current "one Jackrabbit release
per week" schedule until this backlog is cleared.

As always, thanks for checking the releases and for voting!

Best regards, Julian