Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thomas Eichberger <we...@java.at> on 2002/10/02 21:35:08 UTC

ActionErrors - where to get it from

Hi,

sorry for that question but I cannot find it in the docs or even in the
sources:

Where is the current ActionErrors object stored? In the session or in the
request? I cannot find it. I was looking in the request parameters, the
request attributes, and the session attributes.

I have to access it directly, because I have two forms in the same jsp
file, and the errors of form 1 are shown in form 2, too, and vice versa.

Ciao

Thomas

Re: ActionErrors - where to get it from

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Thomas Eichberger wrote:

> Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:35:08 +0200
> From: Thomas Eichberger <we...@java.at>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: ActionErrors - where to get it from
>
> Hi,
>
> sorry for that question but I cannot find it in the docs or even in the
> sources:
>
> Where is the current ActionErrors object stored? In the session or in the
> request? I cannot find it. I was looking in the request parameters, the
> request attributes, and the session attributes.

By default, it's stored as a request attribute under the key
Action.ERROR_KEY, but there won't be an object there unless an error
actually did occur.

> I have to access it directly, because I have two forms in the same jsp
> file, and the errors of form 1 are shown in form 2, too, and vice versa.
>

> Ciao
>
> Thomas

Craig