Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Barry Volpe <st...@childrencare.com> on 2003/10/30 00:39:34 UTC

Using a form for a view

Okay I create a form to collect information
and store it in a database.

<form-bean name="cityForm"
     type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm" >
  <form-property
     name="type"
     type="java.lang.String"
     initial=""/>
  <form-property
     name="state"
     type="java.lang.String"
     initial=""/>
    <form-property
     name="city"
     type="java.lang.String"
     initial=""/>
 <form-property
     name="cities"
     type="java.util.ArrayList"/>
 </form-bean>

request.setAttribute(mapping.getAttribute() ,cityForm);

Now I want to query the database for this information.

Do I create another form (I will have multiple results)
and knowing I have multiple result sets use the same form
but change all type="java.lang.String" to  type="java.util.ArrayList"/>?
request.setAttribute(mapping.getAttribute() ,cityViewForm);

I guess this is somewhat of a newbie question but

How do you normally get the query results of an action
passed to the fowarded jps where I will use jstl to print results.

I'm not talking about populating a form I know how to do this
using forms.

What is practiced for a view?

Do I use a collection?  What do I do specifically?

Thanks,

Barry

Re: Using a form for a view

Posted by Barry Volpe <st...@childrencare.com>.
Question answered.  Found a good example in
Mastering Jakarta Struts.