Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Giles Payne <gi...@telepathix.net> on 2001/05/20 22:15:07 UTC

Avalon source

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded James v1.2.1 release and have got it
running relatively smoothly. I'd like to write something to get
it to run as an NT service but to do this I need the Avalon source
that corresponds to this version. Does anyone have an idea where
I can get it? Alternatively will there be a release drop shortly that
will work with the current version of Avalon?

Thanks in advance,

Giles Payne

Re: Avalon source

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
> Giles Payne wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have downloaded James v1.2.1 release and have got it
> running relatively smoothly. I'd like to write something to get
> it to run as an NT service but to do this I need the Avalon source
> that corresponds to this version. Does anyone have an idea where
> I can get it?

Used to be in avalon cvs as branch avalon-james-1b1. However, that
bearslittle resemblance to the current state of play.

> Alternatively will there be a release drop shortly that
> will work with the current version of Avalon?

Anyone wanting to help with dev work is strongly urged to use cvs or a
recent nightly drop. Current cvs uses current Avalon (give or take a
week or two).

Cheers,

Charles

PS If you come up with a script (or whatever) to run James as an NT
service, can you contribute it?
CRB

Re: Avalon source

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 09:15 PM 5/20/01 +0100, Giles Payne wrote:
>Does
>anyone have  an idea where  will there be a  release drop shortly that
>work with the current version of  Avalon?

This should help

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-james/nightly/

Cheers,

Pete