Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by ce...@vallourec.fr on 2006/10/10 14:57:17 UTC

torque3.1 and postgresql 7.4.13 and pg74.216.jdbc3.jar

Hello,

        I use torque3.1 for several java web applications with 1.4.2_2
J2SDK on tomcat 5.0.28, but I must migrate on REDHAT server with
postgresql 7.4.13.
But I have searched the jdbc driver,  I found pg74.216.jdbc3.jar and I use
this drivers and I have this error :

Oct 10, 2006 1:48:04 PM org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker <init>
WARNING: IDBroker is being used with db 'tqm', which does not support
transactions. IDBroker attempts to use transactions to limit the
possibility of duplicate key generation.  Without transactions, duplicate
key generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or other means are
used to write to the database.

Have you a solution ?

Best regards

RE Antwort: torque3.1 and postgresql 7.4.13 and pg74.216.jdbc3.jar

Posted by ce...@vallourec.fr.
In an other trace I have this error :

(UtilisateurPeer.java:42) : Impossible d'accéder a la table utilisateur
org.apache.torque.TorqueException: An error occured while getting the
authentication request.

Do you know this ?

Thanks

Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>
10/10/2006 15:09
Veuillez répondre à
"Apache Torque Developers List" <to...@db.apache.org>

"Apache Torque Developers List" <to...@db.apache.org>
cc

Objet
Antwort: torque3.1 and postgresql 7.4.13 and pg74.216.jdbc3.jar

This probably means that you cannot connect to the database. Check the
database url, user, password and Driver class are correct.

   Hope this helps,

        Thomas

cedric.brajus@vallourec.fr schrieb am 10.10.2006 14:57:17:

> Hello,
>
>         I use torque3.1 for several java web applications with 1.4.2_2
> J2SDK on tomcat 5.0.28, but I must migrate on REDHAT server with
> postgresql 7.4.13.
> But I have searched the jdbc driver,  I found pg74.216.jdbc3.jar and I
use
> this drivers and I have this error :
>
> Oct 10, 2006 1:48:04 PM org.apache.torque.oid.IDBroker <init>
> WARNING: IDBroker is being used with db 'tqm', which does not support
> transactions. IDBroker attempts to use transactions to limit the
> possibility of duplicate key generation.  Without transactions,
duplicate

> key generation is possible if multiple JVMs are used or other means are
> used to write to the database.
>
> Have you a solution ?
>
> Best regards

RE Antwort: torque3.1 and postgresql 7.4.13 and pg74.216.jdbc3.jar

Posted by ce...@vallourec.fr.
Hello Thomas,

        Yes, I think it's the driver isn't correcte with postgresql 7.4.13
so it's my question wich driver to use... to guarantee compatibility with

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.