Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2003/04/10 10:54:53 UTC

Cocoon FOP Block and Gump

Hello Cocooners

Sam has agreed that we add a new Gump module for the maintenance branch
of FOP where our current releases come from. The FOP block currently
fails because it depends on the trunk code which represents our redesign
effort. For the moment Cocoon should depend on the new
"xml-fop-maintenance" Gump project descriptor I've just committed while
we're looking for a way to sort of API problems between Cocoon and the
two FOP development tracks.

Would one of you please make the necessary changes in your Gump file? I
think the new project element should look like this:

<project name="cocoon-block-fop">
    <package>org.apache.cocoon</package>

    <ant target="gump-block">
      <property name="block-name" value="fop"/>
      <property name="version" value="@@DATE@@"/>
    </ant>

    <depend project="cocoon" inherit="all"/>
    <depend project="xml-fop-maintenance"/>

    <work nested="tools/anttasks"/>
    <home nested="build/cocoon-@@DATE@@"/>

    <jar name="blocks/fop-block.jar"/>

    <nag from="Gump" to="cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org, fop-dev@xml.apache.org"/>
  </project>

I changed the "depend" and "nag" elements.

I hope this will improve the current situation. I'm subscribed to
cocoon-dev now and will monitor things happening around cocoon-block-fop.

Jeremias Maerki
FOP committer

Re: Cocoon FOP Block and Gump

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Stephan Michels wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> > Hello Cocooners
> >
> > Sam has agreed that we add a new Gump module for the maintenance branch
> > of FOP where our current releases come from. The FOP block currently
> > fails because it depends on the trunk code which represents our redesign
> > effort. For the moment Cocoon should depend on the new
> > "xml-fop-maintenance" Gump project descriptor I've just committed while
> > we're looking for a way to sort of API problems between Cocoon and the
> > two FOP development tracks.
> >
> > Would one of you please make the necessary changes in your Gump file? I
> > think the new project element should look like this:
> >
> >     <depend project="xml-fop-maintenance"/>
> >
> >     <nag from="Gump" to="cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org, fop-dev@xml.apache.org"/>
> >
> > I changed the "depend" and "nag" elements.
> >
> > I hope this will improve the current situation. I'm subscribed to
> > cocoon-dev now and will monitor things happening around cocoon-block-fop.
>
> Done, thanks Stephan Michels.

The current Cocoon gump build is broken cause some other things, but
anyway there comes no email to the fop-dev list, or am I wrong?

Hints?

Stephan Michels.

Re: Cocoon FOP Block and Gump

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.