Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by david <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/02 10:59:40 UTC

unable to create a user on version 2.2.4

we are running cassandra version 2.2.4 on Debian  jessie (latest stable) .
when i attempt to create user, it doesn't work when i type the following
'create user alice with password 'bob' superuser;'
cqlsh returns fine without any error

however 'list users' does not show the newly created user
what could be the issue? pls. advise. thanks in advance.

Re: unable to create a user on version 2.2.4

Posted by Kai Wang <de...@gmail.com>.
http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/role-based-access-control-in-cassandra

Posted by david <de...@gmail.com>.
Sam Tunnicliffe <sam <at> beobal.com> writes:

> If you've upgraded to 2.2.4, the full instructions necessary for
 auth-enabled clusters were
unfortunately missing from NEWS.txt. See CASSANDRA-10904 for details.
> On 2 Jan 2016 10:05, "david" <deva.seetharam <at> gmail.com>
wrote:we are running cassandra
version 2.2.4 on DebianĀ  jessie (latest stable) .

Posted by Sam Tunnicliffe <sa...@beobal.com>.