Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Christoph Gaffga <cg...@triplemind.com> on 2005/01/24 12:54:45 UTC

[betwixt] Any plans to support enums?

hi,

are there any plans to support the new java language features introduced
with Java 5?
Especialy enums cause some trouble with betwixt. For a simple enum like

     enum Suit {
         CLUBS, DIAMONDS, HEARTS, SPADES
     };

im getting an output like

   <test-betwixt$-suit>
     <declaring-class>
       com.triplemind.test.TestBetwixt$Suit
     </declaring-class>
   </test-betwixt$-suit>

so I always need a workaround pair of getters/setters to use them with
betwixt.

regards,
Christoph
cgaffga@triplemind.com

Re: [betwixt] Any plans to support enums?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
enums (in general) have been hanging around in the todo's for a long
while now.

support for various specific types of enum (eg lang and 1.5) would have
to done in optional jar's to avoid a core dependency.

i had some design ideas a while ago about how to do them but i've
completely forgotten so i can't say: adding support is really easy so
why doesn't someone volunteer to code it ;)

if you'd be willing to contribute some unit tests for your use case,
that'd probably increase the likelihood of me looking into coding it.

- robert