Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Samuel Jackvony <sj...@bryant.edu> on 2017/08/01 11:57:44 UTC

CMIS doc permission /acl

Hi,

I am getting a not found error when trying to set a CMIS doc into a doc object.... I know the doc exists and the program verifies it.  I assume the issue is with the permissions (checkout permissions) but I cannot seem to update the ACL on it.  When I try i get an internal server error.

List<Ace> addAcl = new ArrayList<Ace>(); //Changes user permissions for the folder in order to allow user to getDoc

              List<String> permissionsUser = newArrayList<String>();

                     permissionsUser.add("cmis:all");

              Ace aceUser1 = session.getObjectFactory().createAce(currentUser,

                     permissionsUser);

              addAcl.add(aceUser1);

                     System.out.println(permissionsUser);

                     List<Ace> removeAcl = newArrayList<Ace>();

                     List<String> permissionsEveryone = new ArrayList<String>();

              permissionsEveryone.add("cmis:all");

       Ace aceEveryone = session.getObjectFactory().createAce(

              "{sap:builtin}everyone", permissionsEveryone);

              removeAcl.add(aceEveryone);

                     session.getObjectByPath(folderPath).applyAcl(addAcl, removeAcl, AclPropagation.OBJECTONLY);

 IS this a result of missing a certain level of access?

Thanks,

Sam

Re: CMIS doc permission /acl

Posted by "Huebel, Jens" <j....@sap.com>.
Hi Sam,

Your code is not complete and hardly readable, but you are talking about a document and:
session.getObjectByPath(folderPath).applyAcl(addAcl, removeAcl, AclPropagation.OBJECTONLY);
indicates that folderPath is a folder. With AclPropagation.OBJECTONLY only this folder gets a new ACL but not the children.

Can this be your issue?