Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sri Ganesh V <vs...@yahoo.co.in> on 2016/09/30 13:04:21 UTC

Delay in obtaining connection to Ignite server

Hi,

We have 3 node (server) ignite cluster.
Cache : Off-Heap Mode
Heap Memory : 4GB (Each)

We are trying to connect to the cluster.
	CODE :

                        TcpDiscoverySpi spi = new TcpDiscoverySpi();

			TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder ipFinder = new TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder();

			ipFinder.setAddresses(Arrays.asList("10.x.x.x"));
			spi.setIpFinder(ipFinder);
			IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration();
 			cfg.setFailureDetectionTimeout(300000);
			System.out.println(cfg.getFailureDetectionTimeout());
			cfg.setDiscoverySpi(spi);
			cfg.setClientMode(true);
			cfg.setGridName(args[0]);
                        Ignite ignite = Ignition.start(cfg);

Everything is fine when we try out 10-15 concurrent connections.

But when we try for 80-100 concurrent connection , there is a significant
delay in obtaining connection but the fetching of data from cache post
obtaining connection is really fast.

Public and System thread pool size : 32

It would be great if we get to know parameters with respect to connection
getting queued up or any info in that direction that will reduce the delay
to obtain connection.

Thanks
Sri Ganesh

Re: Delay in obtaining connection to Ignite server

Posted by Sri Ganesh V <vs...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Will try out the suggestions provided.

OS - CentOS 7.
Should we look into any specific OS configuration ?

Thanks

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can try to use only some server for establishing connection, also
reduce port range for search:

 ipFinder.setAddresses(Arrays.asList("10.x.x.x:47500..47505"));

set local host for early determination of network interface

<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
  <property name="localHost" value="10...."/>

and decrease TcpDiscoverySpi.SocketTimeout to 0.3 seconds.

What the OS do you use?
The delay may be due to OS configuration.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Sri Ganesh V <vs...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have 3 node (server) ignite cluster.
> Cache : Off-Heap Mode
> Heap Memory : 4GB (Each)
>
> We are trying to connect to the cluster.
>         CODE :
>
>                         TcpDiscoverySpi spi = new TcpDiscoverySpi();
>
>                         TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder ipFinder = new
> TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder();
>
>                         ipFinder.setAddresses(Arrays.asList("10.x.x.x"));
>                         spi.setIpFinder(ipFinder);
>                         IgniteConfiguration cfg = new
> IgniteConfiguration();
>                         cfg.setFailureDetectionTimeout(300000);
>                         System.out.println(cfg.
> getFailureDetectionTimeout());
>                         cfg.setDiscoverySpi(spi);
>                         cfg.setClientMode(true);
>                         cfg.setGridName(args[0]);
>                         Ignite ignite = Ignition.start(cfg);
>
> Everything is fine when we try out 10-15 concurrent connections.
>
> But when we try for 80-100 concurrent connection , there is a significant
> delay in obtaining connection but the fetching of data from cache post
> obtaining connection is really fast.
>
> Public and System thread pool size : 32
>
> It would be great if we get to know parameters with respect to connection
> getting queued up or any info in that direction that will reduce the delay
> to obtain connection.
>
> Thanks
> Sri Ganesh

Vladislav Pyatkov