Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch> on 2007/09/10 15:16:22 UTC

Re: Apache crash with websh

Zacky

> I run a clean windows 2003 standard edition service pack 1.
>
> apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
> ActiveTcl8.5.0.0b8.280602-win32-ix86-threaded.exe
> Yours websh results
>
> I got the same error.
>
> The attach are the logs

> [Sun Sep 09 17:50:01 2007] [error] Could not readWebInterpCode (id 0, class C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/): couldn't read file "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/": permission denied

One side of the problem above is obvious: Webh cannot source the
directory as a file. The other part is more difficult: why does it try
to source the directory instead of a proper file. You say it's the
installed sample, where you changed (according to a previous mail)
webshroot to "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Websh".
So the above path should not be triggered by a request to
index.html (or any other *.html file for that matter).

You say that the errors also happen with the version I compiled for
you. This at least rules a problem with the compiler out.

Are you sure you don't have a memory problem or something? I run the
same setup (except for service pack 2 of Win server 2003) and it
runs for hours w/o problem (~20 requests per second) as a service as
well as only runnning on port 8080 manually started. (Although: my
test environment is a VMWare setup, which should not change anything,
I hope)

Things that you could check:
- memory situation
- filesystem check
- other installed/running software that conflicts
- check access.log of httpd to see which request really triggered the
  error: are there any other requests besides "GET /index.html"?

Other than that, I'm slowly running out of ideas...

Regards
Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75