Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Michael TALLET <m....@delta-informatique.com> on 2006/01/06 16:09:04 UTC

How to deal with a char column in select statement

Hi,

I have to query on tables which have CHAR columns (length 5 for example)
as ID.

Let's say we have some lines with these ID values : XXXXX, YYYYY, ZZZ
[2 white spaces at the end]. As u can see there is no restriction about
the length of the value : it can less than five characters.

Here is my select statement in a sql map config file :

<select id="select1" parameterClass="string" parameterMap="result-map" >

            Select id, lib1, lib2 from myTable where id = #value#

</select>

Here is the problem : if I use the value "ZZZ" as parameter value then
the statement finds no result. I must pass "ZZZ  " value to make the
query ok

 My connection (an oracle connection actually) has the
"fixed[Default]String" property set to true, provided by an initial
properties file.

 The strange thing is : the query (with this "ZZZ" value) works fine
with a spring class like JdbcTemplate

Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards,

Michael Tallet

Delta Informatique

Re: How to deal with a char column in select statement

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
Just curious: What is the added value of using CHAR instead of VARCHAR
in this case?

Larry