Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2010/10/10 00:34:04 UTC

Patch for DataSourceWrapper #48773, problem with memory leak

On Oct 9, 2010, at 12:37 AM, Rex Wang wrote:
> 3. For the patch in #48773, could anyone help review and apply it?

I think there's a problem here that would cause a memory leak when the JDBC Driver is bundled with an application jar. When the driver class is instantiated, it is meant to register itself with DriverManager creating a hard reference to a class loaded by the application ClassLoader. This would prevent the webapp from unloading causing a memory leak.

This would appear to be an existing issue so I applied the patch and resolved the bug. I'll open another to track.
--
Jeremy