Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kevin Roast <ke...@activiti.com> on 2003/01/29 17:53:21 UTC

Error when displaying/generating WSDL from web service bean

Hi,

I have several web services (that are also EJBs) deployed against AXIS
1.0. They deploy ok and I can call the web-services fine from my java
app. However, when I view the axis services page
(localhost:8080/axis/services) AXIS is unable to generate the WSDL for
any of my services (the default AXIS services output WSDL fine). I see
the following error:

WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Can't find prefix for
'http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema'. Namespace prefixes must be set on
the Definition object using the addNamespace(...) method.:
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getPrefix(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.getQualifiedValue(Unknown
Source)
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.printQualifiedAttribute(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printParts(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printMessages(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.printDefinition(Unknown
Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.writeWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLWriterImpl.getDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:236)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:289)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.run(Java2WSDL.java:458)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Java2WSDL.java:497)

I also tried using the command line and calling the Java2WSDL class by
hand but it also produces the same error.

Anyone seen this problem before or know what it means? I'm pretty sure
this used to work fine with an earlier version of axis (a beta running
inside Jboss3.0).

Thanks,

Kev