Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by jabelsc <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/18 13:01:17 UTC

Problem with select multiple

Hello everybody!

I'm using Struts2 2.0.11 and I'm having a problem with the select multiple
tag. This is the code I use:

                        <s:select  list="eligibleUsers" listKey="appuserId"
listValue="name" name="client.availableSalesmen"
value="%{client.availableSalesmen.{name}}" multiple="true" size="10"/>

eligibleUsers and client.availableSalesmen are ArrayList of objects Users,
which I have defined in the correpsonding conversion file of the action. I
also populate these arrays, but when I send data (watching the netbeans
debugger) I can see that the selected values mapped to the variable
client.availableSalesmen are passed to the action as a array of strings
instead as an array of the class User objects. So I cannot handle it right
in the action.

Any clue would be highly appreciated. I'm desperate.

Thanks a lot!

 Abel S.

Re: Problem with select multiple

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The best place to post this message would be the Struts User list,
where there are more people who can help you.

 * http://struts.apache.org/mail.html

-Ted.

On Jan 18, 2008 7:01 AM, jabelsc <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I'm using Struts2 2.0.11 and I'm having a problem with the select multiple
> tag. This is the code I use:
>
>                         <s:select  list="eligibleUsers" listKey="appuserId"
> listValue="name" name="client.availableSalesmen"
> value="%{client.availableSalesmen.{name}}" multiple="true" size="10"/>
>
> eligibleUsers and client.availableSalesmen are ArrayList of objects Users,
> which I have defined in the correpsonding conversion file of the action. I
> also populate these arrays, but when I send data (watching the netbeans
> debugger) I can see that the selected values mapped to the variable
> client.availableSalesmen are passed to the action as a array of strings
> instead as an array of the class User objects. So I cannot handle it right
> in the action.
>
> Any clue would be highly appreciated. I'm desperate.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
>  Abel S.

HTH, Ted
 * <http://www.StrutsMentor.com/>