Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Sekhar Badugu <Se...@hcl.com> on 2014/03/26 12:16:31 UTC

Hadoop 2.2 Windows Version

Hi,

I have tried to prepare the Hadoop 2.2 version tar using windows sdk and maven but i am not able to create the tar which can be used to work on windows environment.

Can someone let me know where can i get the Hadoop 2.2 version tar file to run Hadoop on windows? Any Link?

Thanks
Sekhar

::DISCLAIMER::

Re: Hadoop 2.2 Windows Version

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Sekhar,

There isn't a full tar available for a Windows distro yet, so you'd have to
build from source.  Have you already reviewed the BUILDING.txt file in the
root of the source tree to verify that you have all of the pre-requisites
on your build machine?  If so, then feel free to post the error you're
seeing, and we'll try to help.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Sekhar Badugu <Se...@hcl.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to prepare the Hadoop 2.2 version tar using windows sdk and
> maven but i am not able to create the tar which can be used to work on
> windows environment.
>
> Can someone let me know where can i get the Hadoop 2.2 version tar file to
> run Hadoop on windows? Any Link?
>
> Thanks
> Sekhar
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
> transmission. The e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability
> on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
> author and may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
> written consent of authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
> please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
> Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses
> and other defects.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop 2.2 Windows Version

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Sekhar,

There isn't a full tar available for a Windows distro yet, so you'd have to
build from source.  Have you already reviewed the BUILDING.txt file in the
root of the source tree to verify that you have all of the pre-requisites
on your build machine?  If so, then feel free to post the error you're
seeing, and we'll try to help.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Sekhar Badugu <Se...@hcl.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to prepare the Hadoop 2.2 version tar using windows sdk and
> maven but i am not able to create the tar which can be used to work on
> windows environment.
>
> Can someone let me know where can i get the Hadoop 2.2 version tar file to
> run Hadoop on windows? Any Link?
>
> Thanks
> Sekhar
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted,
> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
> transmission. The e mail and its contents
> (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability
> on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
> Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
> author and may not necessarily reflect the
> views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
> dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
> written consent of authorized representative of
> HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error
> please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
> Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses
> and other defects.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE