Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Kapil singh <ka...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/06/14 18:41:39 UTC

OFBIZ under Jboss (Problem)

Hello all,

with the help of this documentation
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/JBoss+4.2.2i am trying to run
ofbiz under Jboss4.2.2.
after running

$ java -jar ofbiz.jar -setup jboss422

i am getting three files in setup directory. files are application.xml,
run.conf, deploy.sh
run.sh is not there.
Now, i am wandering where to create ofbiz.ear directory ,
and then how to replace JBOSS run.sh to OFBIZ run .sh.

Please any body help me.

Thanks & Regards

Kapil Singh Kushwah
Hotwax Media Inc

Re: OFBIZ under Jboss (Problem)

Posted by Jason Porter <li...@gmail.com>.
There may be some updates to those docs since you read them.  You'll want to
create the ofbiz.ear in the <JBOSS_HOME>/servers/default (I assume)/deploy
directory, then copy the deploy.sh into that directory.  You shouldn't need
to do anything to run.sh, just copy the run.conf to <JBOSS_HOME>/bin. Hope
that helps.

Andrew if you're reading, it may make more sense for the deploy.sh to become
an ant script so it can be used outside of a unix environment and to exclude
the svn files from the jars.  If I get some time (and can figure how it
works and what to change so the startup picks it up) I'll look into changing
that.

--Jason Porter
Real Programmers think better when playing Adventure or Rogue.

PGP key id: 926CCFF5
PGP fingerprint: 64C2 C078 13A9 5B23 7738 F7E5 1046 C39B 926C CFF5