Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sigmund Lee <wu...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/18 12:15:23 UTC

Best algorithm for "People who viewed this also viewed" scenario (aka, no preference values)?

I used to using Mahout's Log-likelihood and Tanimoto coefficient as
similarity algo for this scenario, but the results was not so good. So I
wondering if there are another algos that can be used to fit this scenario
better? For example, co-occurrences matrix that introduced in Mahout In
Action?

Thanks in advance.

Bests.

Re: Best algorithm for "People who viewed this also viewed" scenario (aka, no preference values)?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I think it makes sense to incorporate lots of kinds of data into a search
based rec engine and then pick which kinds you use by adjusting queries
rather than changing data.

Posted by Fernando Fernández <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.