Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/22 17:35:39 UTC

How to add space between words

Hi

I need to print text like "My Name is      ABC"

So i have

 <fo:block >
     My Name is<fo:inline space-before="3mm" margin-left="3mm"
font-size="6pt" >ABC</fo:inline>
 </fo:block>

When i print PDF, i get My Name is ABC without any gap beween is and ABC

How can i add space between words

RE: How to add space between words

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.
The easiest way is probably with fo:leader

<fo:block>
My name is<fo:leader leader-length="3mm"/>ABC
</fo:block>

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk

________________________________

Posted by paul womack <pw...@papermule.co.uk>.
Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to print text like "My Name is      ABC"
.
.
.

> How can i add space between words

What are trying to DO with this space?
Are you trying to line up a table, express columns,
a list of pairs?

In almost all cases, you should be working at a higher
design level (in terms of layout) that "adding spaces"

   BugBear

Re: How to add space between words

Posted by Philip V <ph...@verizon.net>.
I believe you can also preserve whitespace:

<fo:block  white-space-collapse="false">

input:

<para>This is my name               Phil</para>

output:

This is my name               Phil

HTH,

Phil

Re: How to add space between words

Posted by Lo...@log-net.com.
How about a low-tech way:

My Name is &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ABC

where nbsp is &#160;

"Ashish Kulkarni" <as...@gmail.com> wrote on 09/22/2008
11:35:39 AM: