Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bharadwaj Yadati <bh...@oneconvergence.com> on 2012/10/04 14:51:55 UTC

Zookeeper error

I'm getting the following error while running hbase shell .
Installation of hbase and hadoop went fine .

ERROR zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: ZooKeeper exists failed after 3
retries
12/10/04 18:11:22 WARN zookeeper.ZKUtil: hconnection Unable to set watcher
on znode /hbase/master
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase/master
    at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:99)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:51)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:1021)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper.exists(RecoverableZooKeeper.java:150)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.watchAndCheckExists(ZKUtil.java:230)

I have installed the latest stable versions of both hbase 0.94 .1 and
hadoop 1.0.3.
Kindly help me out .

Thanks,
Bharadwaj

Re: Zookeeper error

Posted by Bharadwaj Yadati <bh...@oneconvergence.com>.
Hi JM,

Thanks for your reply .
The problem is with the /etc/hosts file .After changing the entry
127.0.1.1  <computer name> to
local lan ip <computer name> (eg : 192.168.2.40 <computer name>

its working for me.

Thanks,
Bharadwaj
On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org