Posted to users@maven.apache.org by qnob <ku...@sbb.ch> on 2008/11/17 15:21:33 UTC

Re: Skipping dependency report during Maven2 site generation

Hello,

I've got the same problem with Maven 2.0.9. However, this option
(dependencyLocationsEnabled) does exist since 2.1 only, right? :-{

Thanks

Kuno

AW: Skipping dependency report during Maven2 site generation

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.
ok, please stop here. It's enough information for one day!

Thanks to you all and hope I'll never run into this version running issue.

Kuno

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK,

You need to put the version in reporting if you are using it for the site
lifecycle... if you are also using the plugin the the build lifecycle, add
version to pluginManagement...

reporting only uses the version specified in pluginManagement if you run the
build lifecycle immediately prior to running the site lifecycle within the
same invokation of maven... thus if you don't put the version in both places

mvn clean && mvn install && mvn site

will return a different result from

mvn clean install site

as the first will use the versions specified in <reporting> when generating
the site, while the second will use the versions specified in
<pluginManagement> when generating the site (but only if you've attached the
reporting plugin to the build lifecycle)

Confused yet?

-Stephen

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch>.