Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Raghav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/09 00:29:00 UTC

Re: Kafka 2.1.0 JMX mbean broken ?

Hello Allen, Ted, Mani, Gwen, James

https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kafka.apache.org/msg86226.html

I read this email thread and I see that you guys were split in going ahead
with this change. This has broken our dashboard in 2.1 Kafka, which is ok
as long as we know how to fix it.

Can you please help us figure out the answer for the email below ? It will
be greatly appreciated. We just want to know how to find the version number
?

Many thanks.

--
Raghav

Re: Kafka 2.1.0 JMX mbean broken ?

Posted by Raghav <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi ManiKumar

Can you suggest any Java api snippet code that does this ? I tried
something like this but could not get it to work.  I am seeking help only
after trying everything that I could. Breaking backward compatibility is
tough for many customers like us, unless there is a better and a new way to
make it work seamlessly. Any help is greatly appreciated.

boolean processMetrics(String name, String mBeamName, String metricName) {
    if (!isInitialized) {
      initializeMBeam();
    }
    try {
      ObjectName bean = new ObjectName(mBeamName);
      MBeanInfo info = remote.getMBeanInfo(bean);
      MBeanAttributeInfo[] attributes = info.getAttributes();
      log.info("Attribute length " + attributes.length);
      for (MBeanAttributeInfo attr : attributes) {
        try {
          if (metricName.equals(attr.getName())) {
            log.info(attr.getName() + ", " + remote.getAttribute(bean,
attr.getName()));
          }
        } catch (Exception e) {
          log.error("Failed to get metric info");