Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric LOEW <e....@egencia.com> on 2002/02/04 10:43:03 UTC

Charset problem

Hi,

I think I have a charset problem. I don't know if this is a problem with
tomcat configuration or java.

System : Debian Woody Kernel 2.4.9
Tomcat : 3.3.2
Java : 1.3.1 Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
Blackdown-1.3.1-FCS)

When I have a page with special iso-8859-1 caracter (such as accent
éèçà...) I become on a group of symbols instead.

Is there a parameter (in tomcat or java) to specify in wich charset we
are ?

Eric

Re: Charset problem

Posted by Eric LOEW <e....@egencia.com>.
Gregor Kovaè wrote:

> Hi!
>
> You should probably read mailing list archives. There has been a lot on
> this issue.

Thank you for forwarding me a message from this mailing list with the
same problem :
<%@ page
    info="Test page"
    contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-2"
%><%!
%><%
%><html>
<head>
<title>Test page</title>
8859-2">
</head>

but this give the same problem (I replace iso-8859-2 with iso-8859-1).

I understand that tomcat translate the pages in the charset from tomcat
but i don't know where is this configured (I'm very poor in Tomcat
technologie :( ).

Eric

Re: Charset problem

Posted by Gregor Kovaè <gr...@mikropis.si>.
Hi!

You should probably read mailing list archives. There has been a lot on
this issue.

Best regards,
         Kovi