Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/01 00:11:02 UTC

Re: Problems with podlings pages

On 29 February 2016 at 22:27, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> Feel free to add a link on the main whimsy page, re-order columns,
> capitalize headings, etc.

OK

> I also forgot to mention that it is my intent to make the roster tool
> fully read/write over time... people with the appropriate permissions
> should be able to make updates from these pages.  The ability to edit
> the SpamAssassin score, and to add/remove committers are just an
> examples of what possibilities are there.
>
> So there may be other read-only views out there.  The phone book is an
> example.  I'm personally skeptical of it's functionality to do
> cross-checks.  Not that it duplicates functionality that has been

Not? Did you mean Note?

> present for a long time in the roster tool (that's fine with me, after
> all, it has a different target audience).  But that it tells the wrong
> audience (the general public) this information, and does not provide
> the means to correct it.

AFAIK, the phone book was aimed at committers, not the general public,
though it is public.
It is now usable as a replacement for most of people.a.o.

Whimsy is not as easy to use as it requires auth for most of the
information that has traditionally been publicly available from
people.a.o.