Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by ashish tapdiya <as...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/27 19:26:38 UTC

Re: soft parameter configuration

Hi,

How to set the region server heap size and
phoenix.query.maxGlobalMemoryPercentage for hash join to work smoothly.

Based on my understanding phoenix.query.maxGlobalMemoryPercentage is a
server side parameter, region server heap and phoenix heap (bounded by
phoenix.query.maxGlobalMemoryPercentage) are both set as % of total slave
node memory and grow separately.

For a TPC-H join query involving customer (200 MB) , orders (5.6 GB),
lineitem (37 GB) tables on a cluster with 16 GB RAM nodes, if I set region
server heap size small (4 GB) and phoenix.query.maxGlobalMemoryPercentage
65% region server dies and for larger region server heap size (8GB) query
fails with java out of memory error.

Thanks
Ashish