Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/02/09 19:18:44 UTC

[VOTE] Terminate log4php incubation

log4php has had no code modification in over a year and only a few
messages on the log4php-dev and log4php-user mailing lists.  From all
appearances the project is dormant and unlikely to complete the
incubation process.  There was a thread on general@incubator on
2006-12-21 (http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/
msg12099.html) that discussed the lack of status reports and progress
for log4php and discussed potential resolutions.

I propose that the Logging Services PMC request that Incubator PMC
terminate the incubation of log4php with the understanding that the
current log4php source repository would continue to be available
(perhaps at a different location in the ASF SVN at the Incubator PMC
discretion) for interested users or later attempts to restart the
incubation process.

I'm starting the vote with a +1.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.  At the end of the
voting period a voting summary will be prepared and posted both on
general@logging and general@incubator.

[VOTE][RESULT] Terminate log4php incubation (correction)

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
Sorry, Niall.

Niall Daley (log4net committer) +1

As a non-binding vote, it does not change the result.

Begin forwarded message:

RE: [VOTE] Terminate log4php incubation

Posted by Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Niall Daley <ni...@apache.org>.
+1

Retiring it in a manner that allows it to be revived in a straighforward
manner seems like a good plan.

--
Niall Daley
Log4net Dev