Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "yoursoft@freemail.hu" <yo...@freemail.hu> on 2005/03/31 11:29:16 UTC

Whole web crawling

Dear Nutch Users!

I have a question with continous use of nutch:
- When I refetch pages (after 30 days), I think if the pages is
modified, these will put into new segments, and the old version will be
live in the old segments dir. And the db will be larger and larger in
every new page versions? It is live problem or only I think this is problem?

Best Regrards,
    Ferenc

problem with a dedup segment

Posted by "yoursoft@freemail.hu" <yo...@freemail.hu>.
Dear Users,

I have a problem with dedup segment.
I try:
bin/nutch dedup segments dedup.txt
Error message:
Clearing old deletions in /segments/20050317092156/index
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out:
Lock@/tmp/lucene-......-write.lock

How to solve this problem?

Best Regards,
    Ferenc

Re: [Nutch-general] Re: Whole web crawling

Posted by "yoursoft@freemail.hu" <yo...@freemail.hu>.
Thanks for help, and good answers.

Matthias Jaekle wrotte:

Posted by "yoursoft@freemail.hu" <yo...@freemail.hu>.
Ok, thanks for answers. A simpler question: How you use nutch on live db
(how to update pages, delete old datas etc.)?

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki

Re: [Nutch-general] Re: Whole web crawling

Posted by Matthias Jaekle <ja...@eventax.de>.

Posted by "yoursoft@freemail.hu" <yo...@freemail.hu>.
Dear Matthias,

In this case, we refretch everything in monthly? Why not enough refretch
only changed pages (check last modified date and not 404 error). In
current situation is need large bandwith to fetching.

Posted by Matthias Jaekle <ja...@eventax.de>.

http://www.eventax.com - eventax GmbH
http://www.umkreisfinder.de - Die Suchmaschine für Lokales und Events

Re: [Nutch-general] Re: Whole web crawling

Posted by "yoursoft@freemail.hu" <yo...@freemail.hu>.

Re: Whole web crawling

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.

Posted by "yoursoft@freemail.hu" <yo...@freemail.hu>.