Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Günter Kukies <Gu...@heuft.org> on 2002/03/20 14:06:00 UTC

extends JDBCRealm

Hello,

I want to write a new MyRealm class that extend from JDBCRealm. The new
class should do a BASE64 password protection.
The compilation of the class was sucessfull.

Where should I place that class and what entries do I need in the
server.xml.

Günter

Re: extends JDBCRealm

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Günter Kukies wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:06:00 +0100
> From: Günter Kukies <Gu...@heuft.org>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: extends JDBCRealm
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to write a new MyRealm class that extend from JDBCRealm. The new
> class should do a BASE64 password protection.
> The compilation of the class was sucessfull.

Of course, you can do this with the standard version, by using the
"digest" property on the <Realm> element ...

> Where should I place that class and what entries do I need in the
> server.xml.

To be visible to the Tomcat internals, your class needs to be in one of
two places:

* In an unpacked directory $CATALINA_HOME/server/classes (create it if
  you need), with subdirectories to mirror the package structure in the
  usual way

* In a JAR file in $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib (which is how all the
  standard Tomcat server classes are shipped)

To tell Tomcat to use your realm implementation, simply change the
"className" attribute of the <Realm> element to the fully qualified class
name of your own implementation, instead of
"org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm".

> Günter

Craig