Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Max Levinson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/11 00:33:16 UTC

Question about whitelist.

Hi list,

Have a question about a structure of whitelist database table.

In my case because I am keeping whitelist entries in DB table structure
looks the following:

CREATE TABLE whitelist
(
  localuser character varying(64) NOT NULL,
  localhost character varying(255) NOT NULL,
  remoteuser character varying(64) NOT NULL,
  remotehost character varying(255) NOT NULL,
  CONSTRAINT whitelist_pkey PRIMARY KEY (localuser, localhost, remoteuser,
remotehost)
)
WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE whitelist OWNER TO postgres;

So without using whitelist manager what entries should I add to DB in case I
want to add remote IP to whitelist or individual address, does it only work
in pairs(remote address or local host should be added together with
localuser or localhost)?

Can anyone give me an example entry for better understanding the process,
for examle I want to add remote address remote@remotehost.com to whitelist?

Thanks.

Re: Question about whitelist.

Posted by Max Levinson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Norman,

Thanks for your reply,now it makes a perfect sense how it works :)

I am not very strong in Java,but this feature of course can be useful,I mean
to add a whole domain to whitelist for all recepients.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Max,

Posted by Max Levinson <ma...@gmail.com>.