Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Vigar,Barry" <Ba...@Cerner.com> on 2015/06/15 22:47:51 UTC

How to remove split package declaration for maven-bundle-plugin

I'm having issues with one of the popular eclipse split packages, org.eclipse.core.runtime in one of my maven projects (we'll call it Project A) which I'm using the maven-bundle-plugin to generate my manifest file.

One of the classes in my project includes packages from all 3 of the bundles the split package belongs to (org.eclipse.core.runtime, org.eclipse.equinox.common, and org.eclipse.equinox.registry), so to attempt to alleviate the split package problem, I excluded those 3 dependencies from my pom in Project A, and created a bundle which requires those 3 bundles and re-exports the org.eclipse.core.runtime package, then I'm bringing that bundle in as a dependency in Project A so hopefully BND tools doesn't see the split and it won't put it in the manifest.

However, this is not the case and the split still shows up, is there an Import-Package configuration I can add to the maven-bundle-plugin to keep this from happening and just put the import package in without the split?

Thanks in advance,

Trent Vigar

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.

Re: How to remove split package declaration for maven-bundle-plugin

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
We had a similar problem in Bndtools, which we solve as follows:

    Import-Package: *;ui.workbench=!;common=!;registry=!;texteditor=!;text=!

You will probably need at least the “common” and “registry” parts. The others may be required if you depend on certain other Eclipse plugins such as org.eclipse.ui.workbench… they don’t hurt anything if you leave them in.

Regards,
Neil