Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 00:12:03 UTC

[VOTE] Testdrive Nexus repository for Portals Applications

Dear PMC,

The new Nexus maven repository solution for managing maven based
releases sounds very promising.
For more background information and a list of other ASF projects already
taken the bite, please see:

One of the requirements from the Nexus team before a project (or
subproject thereof) can participate and leverage the Nexus repository is
that the PMC has voted positively on doing so.

The full impact and feasibility of using Nexus isn't completely clear
however, and switching all of Portals release management to it is
definitely not our goal yet.

The new Portals Applications sub project however might be a good "test
drive" for using Nexus for which I'm calling a vote now.

In the last few weeks, we've defined new "super" maven-2 poms for both
Portals itself as well as for Applications, see:

   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/portals/portals-pom/trunk/pom.xml

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/portals/applications/applications-pom/trunk/pom.xml

And, we have a first Applications release "candidate", webapp-logging, see:

  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/portals/applications/webapp-logging/trunk/

The proposal is to try out Nexus using the above three "projects":
portals-pom, applications-pom and webapp-logging.

If this works out fine, of course we'll intend to gradually "upgrade" by
moving more Portals projects to Nexus.

Please cast your vote on moving the above three projects to Nexus
repository:

+1 Go for it
 0 no opinion, I don't care
-1 Not now (please provide your arguments)

Regards,

Vivek Kumar

Re: [VOTE] Testdrive Nexus repository for Portals Applications

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Testdrive Nexus repository for Portals Applications

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Mar 30, 2009, at 3:53 PM, Ate Douma wrote:
>> On Mar 30, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Vivek Kumar wrote:
>>> Dear PMC,
>>>
>>> The new Nexus maven repository solution for managing maven based
>>> releases sounds very promising.
>>> For more background information and a list of other ASF projects
>>> already taken the bite, please see:
>>>
>>>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1896
>>>
>>> One of the requirements from the Nexus team before a project (or
>>> subproject thereof) can participate and leverage the Nexus
>>> repository is that the PMC has voted positively on doing so.
>>>
>>> The full impact and feasibility of using Nexus isn't completely
>>> clear however, and switching all of Portals release management to
>>> it is definitely not our goal yet.
>>>
>>> The new Portals Applications sub project however might be a good
>>> "test drive" for using Nexus for which I'm calling a vote now.
>>>
>>> In the last few weeks, we've defined new "super" maven-2 poms for
>>> both Portals itself as well as for Applications, see:
>>>
>>>   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/portals/portals-pom/trunk/pom.xml
>>>   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/portals/applications/applications-pom/trunk/pom.xml
>>>
>>> And, we have a first Applications release "candidate", webapp-
>>> logging, see:
>>>
>>>  http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/portals/applications/webapp-logging/trunk/
>>>
>>> The proposal is to try out Nexus using the above three "projects":
>>> portals-pom, applications-pom and webapp-logging.
>>>
>>> If this works out fine, of course we'll intend to gradually
>>> "upgrade" by moving more Portals projects to Nexus.
>>>
>>> Please cast your vote on moving the above three projects to Nexus
>>> repository:
>>>
>>> +1 Go for it
>>> 0 no opinion, I don't care
>>> -1 Not now (please provide your arguments)

+1 go for it dude

Re: [VOTE] Testdrive Nexus repository for Portals Applications

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1

David Jencks wrote:
> +1 from me :-)
>
> Let me know if I can help.
>
> It looks like this vote is happening on both portals discussion and
> portals pmc lists  which might be hard to count.
I see this vote be send by cc to the private@ list, which I regard as just a notification.
The voting only needs to be done and counted on general@ IMO.

Regards,

Ate

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1 from me :-)

Posted by Shinsuke SUGAYA <sh...@yahoo.co.jp>.
+1

Regards,
  shinsuke

Re [VOTE][RESULT] Testdrive Nexus repository for Portals Applications

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
+1 - 6 binding
 0 - none
-1 - none

Vote passes.

Thanks for the support!

I will start settings up nexus. I will announce further information shortly.

Regards
Vivek

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
+1